Here are a few more of my Fashion 101’s, if you need a bit of a catch up on how the industry works…
Fashion 101: Lessons on Denim
Fashion 101: Why Luxury is Expensive – The Tiffany Yellow Diamond
Fashion 101: Shoes on the Catwalk
Fashion 101: The Fashion Supply Chain
Fashion 101: Why Luxury is Expensive – Le Carré d’Hermès
Fashion 101: Copyright Laws in Fashion
Fashion 101: How Magazines Cover Trends
Fashion 101: Where do Fashion Trends Come From?
Fashion 101: Designers with Two Jobs
Fashion 101: How Haute Couture Works
Fashion 101: Magazines and their Advertisers
And here are the rest of the Links à la Mode from last week.
- Almost Sober Mag: Pull It, Push It and Come Back When You Proved It: Direct experience from a newly established independent publisher: a week as a fashion editor.
- Beyond Fabric: On the relation between Body Language and Fashion Photography
- Dedicated Follower: To Write Love on Her Arms – I join the movement and write love on my arms in honor of a lost friend.
- Exiled from the City: Throughout the past few years, there has been a paradigm shift in consumer variables and the function of fashion.
- For those about to Shop: Society must take some responsibility for the dangerous obsession to be thin.
- Freeda Style: “Appropriate Attire” Are ALL the old rules of fashion dead? Or should some survive?
- Haute World: Grace Kelly Exhibition: How a royal style icon can teach us a lesson in thriftiness.
- Heathers Design Blog: Musings on fashion now and fashion then, based on the exhibit “Fashioning Fashion” at LACMA.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Self-Promotion 101: It’s not about you
- LivLux Mag: ComfortZones: Even Fashionistas get insecure when trying new styles.
- Make the World a Prettier Place: History of Fashion: The New Look (1947)
- Miss Vinyl Ahoy: I’ve read some negative comments about the 30 for 30 challenge, and wanted to explain more of what it is and why people should care about it, from my POV.
- Modesty Theory: Welcome to Hijabi Fashion Week- showcasing the style of Muslim women for various occasions.
- Oh My Massila: Reflections on the crossroads between fashion and feminism.
- Previously Owned: The tale of the “00s” Vintage and the mockery of the consumer… Are we becoming victims of the mass media?
- RetroChick: Why Fashion isn’t Frivolous
- Return to Sender: Sometimes life gets in the way of fashion. How I Survive A Crisis
- Socialite Dreams: Sparkly, glam shoes are a must have for the holidays! Twinkle Toes: The Holiday Shoe Guide
- Taste and Style: Keep Being YOU.
- The Curvy Fashionista: How to determine quality in plus size fashion