As I explained in my Lululemon post yesterday, Vancouver women tend to be rather good-looking, fit, and attractive, but unfortunately many of them are severely lacking in fashion sense. So I’ve put together these 5 New Years fashion resolutions for the women of Vancouver, and please note, this list is not ONLY for women in Vancouver, this list is applicable to women all over the world. Pass it on to anyone you think could do with the advice…
- DON”T WEAR LEGGINGS AS PANTS. Because leggings are NOT pants. Seriously. Unless you are a singer in a glam rock band, leggings are only to be worn as a thicker alternative to tights, or in the gym.
- WEAR ACTIVEWEAR WHEN BEING ACTIVE. NOT AT OTHER TIMES. Activewear should be confined to the gym. Of course you can wear it outside, if you are doing your exercise outside. And you can also wear it to the grocery store REALLY quickly if you need to pick up some milk on your way home from the gym. But you can’t wear it out for lunch, shopping, or anything social. (This also applies to the teeny jersey hot pants people wear to bikram yoga. I’ve seen those on the street too. Terrifying.)
- UGGS ARE DISGUSTING, DON’T WEAR THEM EVER. Ok, there is an exception here too, if you have a place up in Whistler, and you need a pair of shoes to use when you are taking out the garbage in winter, you can wear Uggs. But that is the only time. ONLY time.
- BUY AN UMBRELLA. If you have an umbrella, you don’t have to wear disgusting waterproof hiking jackets all the time, you can wear a really nice jacket or coat, and protect yourself from the rain using an umbrella. And don’t start with the cycling excuse. Women in Amsterdam cycle ALL over the place, and manage to do it with an umbrella in hand so they don’t have to wear those disgusting waterproof hiking jackets.
- STOP THINKING THAT LOGOS MAKE THE LADY. Many Vancouver women still seem to think that wearing an abundance of Louis Vuitton, Gucci, or (shudder) Juicy Couture logos will automatically make them fashionable. This is not the case. We all know there is enough money in this town for everyone to buy ten designer bags, but having the money doesn’t equate being fashionable, it is knowing how to spend it.
BONUS RESOLUTION: To all the Vancouver ladies that think that wearing a hockey jersey might help you to snag a hockey-loving man, let me correct you: it won’t. Hockey jerseys have huge shoulders and do not look flattering on anyone. ANYONE. Even hockey players. Have you seen their shoulder pads? So don’t wear sports jerseys, please.
READ MORE FASHION LISTS
5 Worst Celebrities Who Meddled in Fashion
8 Reasons Why Sarah Jessica Parker Should Leave Halston