Wednesday marked the first day of New York fashion week, and so we begin a month of catwalk shows, industry gossip, street style, and fashion fatigue. I don’t think I’ll be reviewing my first show for another few days (the first few days at New York are not really brands I am that interested in) and I am avoiding this for as long as possible.
As usual, I will be selective with the number of shows I plan to review in my usual Love and Loathe format, focusing on mostly the big names and the shows I am quite interested in. Here are some of the ones I am most looking forward to:
- Raf Simons at Dior, I can’t wait to see what he does.
- Hedi Slimane at YSL, I hope he doesn’t destroy the brand.
- Jil Sander for Jil Sander, if we are even allowed to see anything. Apparently she is planning some off-schedule presentations.
- All the wonderful shoes, when I do my city catwalk shoe round ups
- And of course my usual faves (not necessarily faves as in the ones I like the most, but as in the ones I most look forward to seeing): Prada, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Celine, and Alexander McQueen)
- I’ll also be looking forward to trashing Victoria Beckham, that’s always fun.
- Last (but NEVER least), I look forward to Miu Miu, which is the last show of the season.
(Oh, and I am also excited to see the first issue of Carine Roitfeld’s magazine, which I imagine will be full of her “porno chic” and look utterly lame, predictable, and done before.)
In terms of gossip, there are bound to be some exciting announcements and some crazy stories going on… I’ll just be happy if we don’t have to see ten thousand photos of Anna Dello Russo in ridiculous outfits and if Kanye West magically disappears from the fashion scene.
Any catwalk review requests? Send them over. What are you looking forward to seeing?
Image from Vogue.com.