Happy New Year! I don’t usually make major resolutions but this year is going to be filled with change so I’ve decided to give myself a few goals for 2014. I didn’t mention anything about my blog and nightwear business because it doesn’t need to be January for me to want to make both better in the next twelve months, and that’s something I am constantly thriving to do – without a deadline. But here are a few things I want to try and accomplish by the end of 2014.
1. Learn swedish. The big change I’ll be making in 2014 will be leaving Canada. I’m moving to Sweden at the beginning of February (with the husband, kids, and dog.) I think I will dedicate another blog post to tell you all why, but in short, it is about quality of life. So it’s finally time for me to stop dragging my heels and learn the language. I guess I’ll start classes in March and I hope that by December I’ll be able to have a basic conversation in Swedish and read an article in a newspaper. Wish me luck!
2. Sleep more. I need a lot of sleep, and with kids, it’s even harder to get at least eight hours a night (in an ideal world I’d be getting ten.) So this year I want to sleep more, and I think that will very much be a possibility due to the expected better quality of life I’ll be having once we are settled in Sweden.
3. Floss more. I don’t floss enough, this has to change. I want to be a five times a week flosser, at least!
4. Get rid of my fear of parallel parking. I have terrible depth perception and that has not helped my parallel parking. In fact, I’m so crappy at it I pretty much avoid parallel parking at all costs. This year I want to master parallel parking, with a manual transmission (because they aren’t big on automatics in Europe!)
5. Not buy anything I don’t need unless it is something that is going to seriously make me happier. I’m getting rid of so much stuff in this move, and I don’t want to replace most of it. I can’t wait to live in an empty home without unnecessary stuff.
What are your goals for 2014?